Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Homework Questions and answers.

What causes us to have seasons?
We have seasons because the earth is tilted so in winter we are on one side of the sun and in summer we are on the other side of the sun.
http://goo.gl/6VgPY

How often does the Earth go around the sun?
Earth goes around the sun once every year.


How long does it take for the earth to rotate on its axis?
It spins on its own axis once every 24 hours.


Can you explain a solar eclipse?  
A solar eclipse happens when the new moon goes in between the sun and the Earth. The moon blocks the light from the sun. Even though the moon is much smaller than the sun, the sun seems the same size because it is further away.


Why do we have daytime and nighttime?  
We have day time and night time because the earth spins and when we are facing the sun, we have day, but when we are facing away from the sun, it's night time.


How often does the moon orbit the earth? 
The moon takes 27 days, 7 hours, 43 minutes, 11.6 seconds. (27.32 days)  to orbit the earth.

Draw a picture that shows the Earth, Sun and Moon.  Label and add important information.








12 comments:

  1. Hi, Pilar. I'm glad you listened so well in class when we watched the BBC video, but part of this assignment is researching to find the answers. I know that you already know a few of them, but I want you to find the information, put it in your words, then write it down. Could you please do that? Thank you. I liked your picture and I hope you bring it in to school. Thank you for taking the time to do that. You have done a great job on this post. Well done. Mr. Maxson

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your picture that you drew showing the sun, earth and moon and also your answer for how often the moon orbits the earth is very specific because you wrote the minutes, days etc. I think your answer for question 1 is a bit short and you didn't mention about Autumn and Spring!But other than that your answers were very well thought out and the explanations are amazing!

    Nadine Zarroug 5M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pilar,I thought that your answers were really good but I also thought that you can explain more and extend your answers more.I really enjoyed reading your answer for number 5 and I thought that you really explained what solar eclipse is.I also liked your picture that it showed a diagram.So I thought that you did a good job.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pilar, I thought your awnsers were great!
    but i think you should make your sentences a bit longer AND YOUR PICTURE WAS SO PRETTY.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good job pilar , i enjoyed reading your answers and your picture is so pretty
    goodjob for trying your best

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi pilar! I like how you set out your work with the question at the top and the anser at the bottem.You had very accurate numbers with seconds and hours on the moon orbitting the earth.I think you should extend your anwers more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pilar
    I think that you did a very good job on your answers. I liked your picture so much!!! I think that your answers should explain more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi pilar, i think you understood every thing you need. most of all i liked your amswer for the solar eclipse but your picture was great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pilar. Your work is great and your picture is really nice. I think that you can explain number one a bit more because when do you have Autumn and Winter? Some people might not know that.I like that you included hours, minutes and secong in number six because no one did that. Well done Pilar- Raya

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pilar,
    I really liked your answers and I understood stuff and I likeed everything except for number 1 because you wrote:We have seasons because the earth is tilted so in winter we are on one side of the sun and in summer we are on the other side of the sun.Does that mean that if the earth rotate's we are going to have winter? then summer? then winter, and summer but I think that you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi pilar. I think your homework is very good. I like your picture and I like you ranswers for the questions. great job

    ReplyDelete
  12. pilar i think that you have to make number 2 3 longer

    ReplyDelete